Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Spring!

Spring is in the air.  The trees are showing new growth and it is starting to warm up. 


Of course I live in Los Angeles, so most trees stayed green through the winter and there was a week of 80 degree weather in January, and it was in the 70s for the last couple.  Spring is a relative term.  

My husband and son are spending this fine first day of spring at a travel show dreaming of places to visit.  I am spending this very rainy first day of spring


finishing a book in peace, picking up some food for dinner, watching a movie on Netflix, eating some amazingly wonderful cheeses and bread


and looking forward to some cross stitching this afternoon.  This is what I am working on...


This is where I am so far...


Not too bad, if I do say so.  It is lots of fun to do and can't wait to see the finished product.  Today is a very good day.  ::smile::

1 comment:

  1. What a cute project. Looks great so far! I've never tried cross stitching. I'm a crocheter myself, but my fiance's mom does alot of cross stitching and it always looks like fun. I may have to try it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete